Hail

Yep it has been a bad spring. Still have not seen a brood and been driving the roads every night. Not seeing many pheasants at all now. Snow, hail, and heavy rain does not equal a good hatch.

I would say anything half the diameter of a chicks head could be lethal. Think about one of us getting hit in the head by a softball sized piece of ice......

Horrible storm in Hays as we speak. Reports of tennis ball size hail, 80 mph wind, and rotation. Heavy rain. Very dangerous. Actually now there are pictures of softball sized hail.

Last edited:
I just went outside and picked up some hail pieces. Had one large one close to a 50 cent piece size. A few ping pong ball size but most nickel and quarter size.

It shredded my garden. 4 inch hail in Kiowa.

Thats a pisser x 2! I take my gardening as serious as I do my bird hunting. Hail is about like hornets and carpenter bees. I know that supposedly in nature everything has its role , but nothing productive comes to mind for these!!

Thats a pisser x 2! I take my gardening as serious as I do my bird hunting. Hail is about like hornets and carpenter bees. I know that supposedly in nature everything has its role , but nothing productive comes to mind for these!!

My garden was looking excellent. I have some onions that were really coming on, close to baseballs on some of them. It shredded the tops. Seen a couple of corn fields that were about a foot tall that looked pretty ragged today.

Back