had a shot

alan

after being out for a number of days know..i finally had a shot at a rooster...but i didnt get a shot off due to the fact i thought he was too far away for a shot..he was farther then 50 yards i do think.. going out this weekend and hope it snows

I'm waiting on that snow too. I was out pheasant hunting/scouting some lands down here. Didn't see any birds, but just as I put my gun away about 150 geese flew over within shooting range. I may have a few days off coming up and may be able to make it up there for a hunt, but I will let you know in a pm closer to the day.

Nice job Alan:thumbsup:. What kind of cover did you flush him out of? Is the cover around there flat like here? Best of luck hunting:)

ya its flat.. .i really wanted him too there was a crp field that went along just a small creek and he went right towards the creek and if i would have shot him probabily wouldnt have gotten him due to water being right there lol i thought 50 yards was kind of long cause he got up and was on his way to st louis lol he moving fast lol

Did a fair bit of "shotgun hiking" today. Got into birds, but all of them (Huns included) were track stars . . . long flushes. No one else hunts that area, but there are tons of coyotes . . . reckon I need to thin a few of them out tomorrow.

Back