Greetings from North Central KS

What a great website and forum! I'm Nick Rhodes from Smith Center, KS. I'm the owner of WILDLIFE PROPERTIES and I'm a weekly contributor on the Great American Outdoor Trails Radio Network.

I'm excited to join the forum and I look forward to sharing tips and ideas about improving habitat and hunting opportunities.

Good luck to everyone with the upcoming hunting season...man I'm glad it's finally dove season!

Best Regards,

Welcome Nick, hope you contribute often!!!!!!!!!!:thumbsup::cheers:

Welcome to UPH drop often and share the hunting stories............Bob

Welcome to the site:thumbsup:

Hey Nick.

I am originally from Omaha...

Have friends who farm just west of you...
Usually make at least one trip per season and often stay @ their house.
Been to Duffy's many times for steak and ice cold beverage...

We did not travel last year due to 15"-20" snow storm.

KDWP reports both phez and quail are down in your area...

What are you seeing?

North Central Kansas....God's Country!

Hey Nick.

I am originally from Omaha...

Have friends who farm just west of you...
Usually make at least one trip per season and often stay @ their house.
Been to Duffy's many times for steak and ice cold beverage...

We did not travel last year due to 15"-20" snow storm.

KDWP reports both phez and quail are down in your area...

What are you seeing?

North Central Kansas....God's Country!

I just read an article from KDWP last night talking about how good the upland bird hunting was going to be this year. I've got some friends who work for KDWP and they said pheasant numbers were going to be "fair-good" in both the counties east (Jewell) and west (Phillips) of Smith County but they didn't actually survey Smith County. I have several properties and I manage properties for several guys around Smith and I'v been seeing quite a few birds. I'm really excited at the quail numbers I've been seeing in Smith County. It seems like we have a lot more of the CP-33 quail buffers around this county then other counties do and those have been making a big impact on the bird populations.

Overall, I would say that this is going to be a great year for upland hunting. Rains this summer pushed back the wheat harvest so the birds had all the time in the world for nesting and broad rearing which makes a big difference.

Good luck and stop by and see us if you're ever in Smith Center. We have a coffee shop / real estate office located next to Hardware Hank in town.

Nick

Back