GPS Unit Location.......

TheMorningRise

Curious where you folks like to have your units while hunting.

I have seen vests (Q5 Centerfire, LL Bean) where the unit can be placed on a strap of the vest, on the non-shooting shoulder. I have seen othera clipbthe unit to a D-Ring on the best and let it hang. I’ve seen units on neck lanyards while hunting.

I thought I wanted it on the non-shooting strap of the vest. However, the more I think about it, I am thinking of attaching the unit to a paracord neck lanyard. Then I’d have a second, single strand cord with a circular key ring type clip which I’d attach a whistle to.

Curious to hear your thoughts.

Mine is clipped to me and then in my shell pocket. I used to wear it around my neck but i found i was looking at it to often.

I agree with UplandHntr, I lost my e-collar controller a few years ago that was hanging around my neck when the clip came unclipped. Fortunately I was able to backtrack and find it. Now it goes in my pocket.

I have a lanyard around my neck and then use the belt clip to clip it to my Q5 non shooting shoulder. I works really good for me. I cant imagine my Garmin Alpha flopping around my neck all day.

I bought a paracord lanyard and wear it around my neck, then I attach the belt clip to a strap on my WingWorks vest. When I'm wearing my regular front load hunting vest there is really nothing to attach it to so I simply slide into the front load pocket to keep it from dangling from my neck. My Alpha is pretty heavy and I also can't imagine it flopping around my neck all day. A friend of mine uses a piece of Velcro. He attached on piece to the back of his Alpha and the other to the non-shooting strap on his vest. He also has a lanyard around his neck. But the Velcro works really well so I might have to try that. You could attach the Velcro to any vest on the upper chest of the non-shooting side.

Back