Goverment wildlife mismanagement

On my drive around my favorite wildlife areas I see that the goverment is completely clueless on there management. After 8 years they figured out that they have not controlled one tree with burning (which they like to do at the end of may real good for pheasant and ducks). Maybe after burning they could go out and cut them off inside of just driving around the burnt areas. So now there letting farmers bale the grass (public hunting ground):mad: I,m really looking forward to hunting 6 inch grass this fall. Plus the dam they spent 1.5 million to fix they've decided to take out:mad: They fixed it ten years ago and never once used it:thumbsup: Wonder how much they'll pay to take it out 3 million. Why do you even have to go to college for these gov't jobs my dog could do better:10sign: Sorry guys just had to blow of some steam. I hate to see habitat projects go to waste.

In my state they released 35 tule elk into the wild in part of there historic range, now owned by blm. The goal was to get a herd of 300 head, now there are 500. Do they sell any tags to hunt them now? No, they dart all the cows with birth control each year. What a waste.

Captaincoot,

What can i say..... Its just like everything else that the government, gets their,hands on..... can you hear that big sucking sound.:rolleyes:

I could go on and on about silly stuff done and total waste of $ by the DNR.:eek:

In my state they released 35 tule elk into the wild in part of there historic range, now owned by blm. The goal was to get a herd of 300 head, now there are 500. Do they sell any tags to hunt them now? No, they dart all the cows with birth control each year. What a waste.

If you mean the ones on Hunter Leggitt they have jumped the reservation. They can now be found around Hernandez Reservoir. "But officer, I thought it was the biggest white tail I've ever seen." ;)

drove by the public area coot was talking about. a stripped gopher couldnt hid there let alone a rooster. we took a bunch of teenage girls there a couple years ago for thier first pheasant hunt. our group shot 37 roosters off this 80 opening day. great spot to hunt. we could park our trucks in farmers field and we didnt have to worry about dogs near a highway like some spots in the area. also the home place was only a mile away. also a good place to hunt deer after they were pushed out of the river bottom. well maybe it will grow back some this fall. will be ok next year. will miss it this fall though.

Thats funny in some sad sick way.

Sounds incredibly stupid to me!

Back