Gopro or other action camera

GOSKERS

I’m heading to South Dakota in a few weeks and I’m borrowing a buddies GoPro hero 6 and want to attach it to my GSP. Has anyone one here done this and what attachment/harness did you use? If I like it I will buy my own camera for next year any suggestions on cameras or just stick with GoPro. I also scuba so want to be able to take it down there as well.

I have a GoPro that I use with head mount . Put it over hat and I’m ready. The dogs go thru crazy stuff and I’m worried about it getting knocked off. Advantage to head mount is wider field of view. Either way it’s pretty cool

I’ve worried about that as well but they have chest mounts that I think would have less of a chance to fall off. I’ve watched lots of videos on YouTube and I’ve seen them in both places

I've got one that I used to use. I have a human chest mount that I kind of modified to sit on top of the dogs back. Also used the human head mount and put it through the dog collar so it sat just under the dogs mouth, near the front of their chest. That view actually gave some really cool footage of the dog flushing birds. It also gives you a headache when re watching the footage. One thing I would recommend is to make a note, either of the time of the day, or stop the camera and restart it (so you know the final minute of each video segment is the one with the action), so you know when to expect something in your footage. That way you don't spend hours searching through it all.

I have less time (kids) and older computer now to where I don't enjoy editing, to where I rarely use my Go Pro. Bought it in 2012 or 2013 and haven't used much since probably 2014 or 2015. Would be interested in selling it if someone is interested.

Back