Good way to start 2016

30 minute walk. 3 points. 3 roosters over Jazz. Would have rather had a pic of Jazz on the second bird than the bird. We were working downwind. Jazz caught a whiff and did one of those fast 180 turns immediately into a hard point. Silhouetted against the blue sky with steam just rolling out of her nose and mouth. Would have been a great pic.

30 minute walk. 3 points. 3 roosters over Jazz. Would have rather had a pic of Jazz on the second bird than the bird. We were working downwind. Jazz caught a whiff and did one of those fast 180 turns immediately into a hard point. Silhouetted against the blue sky with steam just rolling out of her nose and mouth. Would have been a great pic.

Well you post got me off my butt. It took me an hour and a half but I got my three as well. Cheers!!:thumbsup:

You guys suck! Just teasing very jealous our bird seasons are all closed.:( Hope you have continue success til you season end.

Lol. Just one more day here.

Gorgeous day in The Dak du Nord. Sunny, 34 and 10-15 mph winds. Pretty good for 2 Jan. Jazz and Scout had to work for an hour each. Only because of a horrendous shooting day by yours truly. Very good work by both of the dogs. They didn't complain about the extra time afield and each one made a retrieve of a bird I would have never gotten on my own. Three sharptails over Jazz and three roosters over Scout. I'll just call it numerous misses of both sharptails and roosters by me.

I personally feel slighted that Montana made us quit two days before the Dakotas. Looks like your having a great end of the season which means its probably been great all year long. Please post more photos of tomorrow because I am going through withdrawals over here to the west.:thumbsup:

So ends what has been an extraordinary season of rooster chasin' in the Dak du Nord. Le Grande Dame of the pack, Autumn, at almost 11 years old got out way more than I could have hoped and brought home her share of birds. She definitely showed the youngsters a trick or two. Scout...the city dog gone country...didn't start hunting until three years ago at age 6. He is now my most reliable dog and never loses a bird. Then there is Jazz. Who would have thought she could be this good in her first year? All about exposure to birds. Today, I closed out the year with a double over her. The second bird got a ways out. When I saw it fall with a broken wing, I was wishing I hadn't taken the shot. Was gonna be a hard find for Jazz. Got her over there and she locked up and then moved in to push the bird out of its buried in the weeds hiding spot. All good until she started letting it go...catching it...Letting it go...catching it...repeat several more times. It was like she knew it was the end for the year. I finally made a diving retrieve to end the shenanigans. Hope those of you who can still hunt this season have good luck.

Back