Gobble Gobble

BritChaser

Locked and loaded for today's trip out west to the happy hunting grounds to stalk the wily wild turkey. Who else will be out tomorrow morning at zero dark-thirty? Happy hunting all!

Good luck, everyone.

Has anyone ever plucked their turkey and cooked it on a smoker? I have been thinking about giving it a try. Of course, I would have to buy a tag and shoot a turkey first. haha

I pluck turkeys, but if you are going to smoke them, I would advise against trying to smoke the legs/thigh/wings. Only the breasts of a wild turkey do very well on a smoker.

Last edited:
I don't think I am going to fill my second tag. I feel the bird population is just too low.

That's what my hunting buddy said and I am following suit.

probably more turkeys then there are pheasants left out there! anybody stop at one rooster last season?

Yea right. Very few turkeys out here where I am at. One of the places I hunt is a creek bottom that runs about 4 miles. There is a group of 11 turkeys on that entire 4 miles now. I shot one then these 2 walked into the decoys. I wasn't about to shoot a second a bird, they are the only 2 toms left.

Back