Gloves

I like the UA Ridge Reaper gloves and my brother in law wears their Idylwild gloves. Neither of them are very bulky and once you are moving I stayed warm.

I like the look of those gloves as well.

I use the UA Idylwild's as well; great cool weather glove.

I like Bob Allen stuff. Have a pair of thin leather ones and a pair with a bit of thinsulate. Bought them at our local sporting goods store, Jay's in Michigan.

i hunt late season every year and have had great luck with the Red Head windstoppers. They are a polyester spandex blend with thinsulate. They are form fitting and not bulky at all. I hunt december in south dakota with them in some brutal winchills with no problem at all. They are fairly durable and best of all they are less than 20 bucks at cabela's.

gloves

I don't have the Carhart brand but I buy a similar type at Running's Fleet Supply. They work really well around $12.00 or so. Stays warm enough for me in December pheasant hunting.

I use a pair of deerskingloves when things are cold, but as a walker I am usually wearing a pretty light pair.

I have two pair, Bob Allen and Cabelas, leather insulated gloves but I can't feel the trigger sufficiently with either and I fire before intending to. So at least on my trigger hand I wear a cheap fabric glove akin to the brown cotton gloves one can find in C stores and grocery stores for two bucks.

gripswell, awesome gloves had mine since 07, get the white the brown bleed.

Last edited:
Bought a pair of UA Ridge Reaper gloves. Ill let you guys know how they work out in a month or so when the temp drops. Thanks for all help.

Back