getting ready...

rascal

was up in northern IL last week training with a buddy ....this is my wirehair Ace pointing and one of his Setters backing....I'm ready for the season to start! another week and I'm South Dakota bound!

on our way back from wyoming a few weeks ago (sage and blue hunting) we stopped in south central IL and picked up a dog for a friend. It was very quailish looking there. I might stop and hunt on some farms i have permission on this winter. Good luck in sd.

I think we're all ready for our seasons to start! :thumbsup: A couple of fine looking pups, good luck and be safe.

Great picture up top. I was in Southern IL for youth deer season with daughter last week and the locals told me where here is cover they have been seeing a lot of quail this year. Good luck chasing the quail!

We leave Thursday for SD!!:cheers:

awesome....yes I have seen quite a few quail around this year near the house...unfortunately it is all deer hunting leases and I cant hunt any of it....my ground is couple hours north....hoping for the best...I am headed to South Dakota this Saturday!:cheers:

Rascal you may want to try and get on late season after the deer hunters have thinned out. Sometimes you get lucky and find somebody that will let you on after they have harvested their deer.

Forgot to mention I let some guys down the street from our IL farm coon hunt after deer season is over or we have given up for the year on our deer.

Forgot to mention I let some guys down the street from our IL farm coon hunt after deer season is over or we have given up for the year on our deer.

Yeah last year on deer was rough no doubt.

From what clients have been telling me, they're seeing more deer this year than last. That's a positive sign.

yea true...I've tried it in the past and it didn't work out..lol maybe I'll try again this year....it's ok because I usually by then I'm in Kansas hunting them anyway

Back