German Longhaired Pointer AKA Deutsch Langhaar

Siegs

Hey Yall been looking into a lot of breeds and was looking at finally settling down with this one. Wanted to hear of anybody that has experience with them or had any other insight. Thank you!

-Bryce

their coat appears as a sticker pad, high maintenance?
Ah they don’t look that bad. Look like a giant Boykin . Trim ears and pits and maybe a little feathering off the front end. . Pretty cool and striking dog if you could find one.

Last edited:
No experience with that particular breed but they're very similar to the Small Munsterlander coat wise. I have 2 of them, their coats aren't too bad to maintain. As Brown mentioned, they really only get burrs in their ears and tail. For my dogs, I keep a scissors in the dog bag and if they get burrs I can't pull out, I snip them out. As the season progresses their ears and tail get more and more hacked up but it grows back.

If they are anything like a Small Munsterlander, if you get one with a more coarse coat, they won't have burrs stick to them near as much as the finer coat. My older dog has a real soft coat and gets burrs stuck to her like crazy. My younger one has a coarser coat, most burrs slide right off her.

Back