Gas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Birdman2

It was announced this week that Shell Oil bought Russian Oil. I know this is a political thread. Did not know where else to put it.
DON'T BUY SHELL GASOLINE PLEASE...

They said they had no other choice. I guess that means they could not meet demand without Russian Oil. WE CAN FIX THAT QUICKLY.....

I know we all will suffer some if we don't buy Russian Oil, but look at the alternative. We will keep his war machine going.

Maybe the question should be why dos the USA buy oil from Russia and sells oil to places China, India, Netherlands, S. Korea?

Why is it cheaper to buy oil from Russia, have it shipped from the Black Sea, across the Mediterranean, then the Atlantic Ocean than it is to send US oil from Beaumont, TX to Philadelphia or NY?

The answer is US regulations that require shipping between US ports to be done on US flagged and US manned ships (The Hatch Act). The US has only a few Oil Super Tankers and they all run from Valdez to US West coast ports. The costs to transport oil from Beaumont Tx to Philly for example are more on a small ship than to send a super tanker from Rostov on Don on the Black Sea. It's completely stupid.

The other issue I have is that the USA meddled in Ukraine, helped overthrow the elected government in a real armed insurrection, installed a BS government, changed the Constitution and are upset that the ethnically Russian parts of Ukraine voted to leave. We said that it was "illegal'! Then we trained and armed the NAZIs in Ukraine who have terrorized and killed these ethnic Russians for the past 8 years.

But somehow it is Putin's fault for trying to put an end to that. And to try to get the USA to abide by it's promises that Ukraine would never be allowed to join NATO. But the new constitution the US helped to get written requires the Ukrainian government to seek NATO and EU membership. That sounds like the USA going back on it's assurances made when Russia allowed East and West Germany to reunite. part of that deal was that NATO would not expand eastward and no offensive military equipment would be placed to the east.

So what is your solution for this war going on now ?
Here is the solution. This thread is done. Do not talk politics and I'm leaving this post up so people know what happens when threads like this are started.
I know this is a political thread. Did not know where else to put it. DON'T BUY SHELL GASOLINE PLEASE...
If you knew it was a political thread, why discuss it? Go to Twitter, Facebook or another source to discuss.

Where to put this post? A post about Shell Gasoline doesn't belong on this forum. If you don't like Shell, vote with your pocket book.

Stick to bird hunting on this forum. I realize this is The Lounge, but after this post I'm firmly considering removing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back