Fs vintage fish & game signs

Aye Mates,
Here are some of the vintage / antique Connecticut Board Of Fish & Game signs I am willing to deal in. Most are metal. Some have some raised lettering and borders. Signs vary in age 60?s, 50?s, 40's and 30's. I have some rare all wooden signs, and even more rare fiberboard signs that are wood backed with a wooden frame. Some were in service and others are close to mint condition and have never been posted.

I just came by two very rare ?DUCK HUNTING REGULATIONS:? SIGNS FROM THE 60?s that I have never seen before this week. I spoke with another astute collector yesterday and he also had never seen one before. ALL are the real deal (no reproductions) with provenance having come out of a shed belonging to a Game Warden Captain that had retired before I got on the job. The Captain had served in the USMC in Korea and just passed at age 83 last year. I am selling them for the Captain's widow, also now in her 80's. We were very good friends. I will be keeping one of the two Duck Hunting Regulations signs for my own personal collection.

ALL of these signs will be sold in ?as is? condition, and most have varying degrees of rust, paint loss, etc., what I consider a nice patina of aging. This is an opportunity to own and preserve some fish and game management history. ALL of these would enhance any collection, hunting or fishing camp, metal sign collections, gun shop, man caves, etc.

Many of these signs were destroyed when the Connecticut Board Of Fish & Game was disbanded and became the Department of Environmental Protection.

Take a look and see what is interesting to you. I can give you approximate ages on most, many have the year of manufacture and maker on them. Interested parties should contact me via PM on this board. Once these are gone, they are gone. Willing to sell all signs posted as a bundle, or to break them up individually. Buyer(s) will be responsible for shipment costs. A donation to UJ will be made upon sale. I have a few duplicates available. Sales will be made iN order of offers made and prices met.

Cheers,
Irishwhistler

Back