Friday hunt

goldeneye

Now that's that over I can go harass some Pheasant's:D

Last duck hunt for me this year our season ends on Sunday.
Morning temp 17degrees and Morning winds were 27mph.
20121123_142404.jpg

One 4 curl mallard
20121123_144944.jpg

And 1 Goldeneye. (My favorite little duck)
20121123_141755.jpg

That is a common Goldeneye. The only difference with a Barrows is the marking on the wings I think?
The lakes are froze shut today around me. So glad to have made it out. As I'm wrapping up the ducks today My wife shot a deer with the muzzle loader so I quess I have more work tommorow. My freezer is getting full. What a promblem:rolleyes:

Lee,

Barrows has a different I mark. It's been years since I took a golden eye. the one you took looks different than I remember. Nice haul, Wish I had that kind of birds flying around these parts.:cheers:

Outstanding job my friend..we have enough snow to have the snowmobile pulled out. Ice fishing is not far off now.

Barrows has more of a crescent white patch!! Great pic's!! Our Duck closes Monday and reopens later in Dec and goes into Jan! Goose is in now and goes until Feb. Too hot here anyway for my river spot, but am taking the girls out anyway! They will have fun just shooting their pink camo 20 gauge at a log!!! Love the Scaup!!!:cheers:

Barrows has more of a crescent white patch!! Great pic's!! Our Duck closes Monday and reopens later in Dec and goes into Jan! Goose is in now and goes until Feb. Too hot here anyway for my river spot, but am taking the girls out anyway! They will have fun just shooting their pink camo 20 gauge at a log!!! Love the Scaup!!!:cheers:

You guys are right on the eye patch I had to look it up. My mistake.

Blue how old are your girls my daughter is 10 and I can't talk her into a 20 gauge. I do let the girls shoot decoys with there B-B guns when it gets slow.

They are 11 and 9 and had Birthdays a couple months ago. We shot a box of shells at cans ( Aluminum) The 9 year old surprised me by shooting first! Still too much recoil in my opinion. Will get a softer pad. They just kept shooting and shooting! They kept telling me how much fun it was all night.:thumbsup:

Dang I'm jealous. My kid likes the 410 but the 20 is to much for her. I'll have to wait till she gets older.

How come you got those spooners way at the back?;)

Are those cacklers on the far end?

Wow going for the throat:eek:
The two in the back are hen Malllards the one goose was smaller not sure if it was a lesser or not but the other one was a Greater Canada Goose. I have shot my fair share of spoon bills in my day but heck with enough bacon it all taste good. The season has been slow a couple here and there just glade to end the season with a couple friends and a good hunt. Goose is still open through Dec. along with Phez.

My most memorable duck was a hunt before school when I was 17, (which there isnt very much time in the mornings in the fall)

Spotted some mallards on a stock pond in SW Mn,., made the sneak and cleared the dam and knocked out one. Didnt have time to wait for the wind to bring it to shore, so I stripped down and made like a black lab..

Got to my prized mallard, only to find it to be a spooner.... still ate the same, as I remember. Shot a few in my day also..

nice pics, particularly the 4 curl..

Back