Friday Forum Meeting

PairOfLabs

I met up with Myron (Myrone) and John (NitroHunter) Friday morning about 4:30 AM in Brighton for a trip out to the Yuma area. Myron had put up a post earlier this year about Friday hunting. The 3 of us, along with John's 1.5 yr old pointing lab Nitro and my 1.7 yr old pointing lab Parker loaded into my truck and headed out to hunt mostly private but also some WIA spots.

The results were pretty typical for this season-put up some hens, saw perhaps two roosters flushing at 150 yards, saw no birds driving around, no shots fired. On the bright side, the dogs got along great and worked their tails off, the hunters got along fine, and we got lots of fresh air and exercise. We also had a covey(?) of about 10 prairie chickens jump up out of range. Nitro had a nice point on a hen, no points for Parker.

I hope to hunt with both guys again--just not sure if it's worth the time and fuel money this season. I've got one bird from a 2 day Kansas trip near Oakley and no shots fired in 5 days of eastern CO hunting (Burlington, Holyoke, and Yuma).
Tom

Back