French Britt

Nasty-G

My French Britt Bisquit is 7 months old & is 17" tall & 19.6 lbs. She's a sniffin machine & has pointed pheasants, but is kind of hard to keep track of. Thinking a blaze vest. Not really into beepers & such. Possibly a bell. Suggestions ?
Thanks.

You are going to want to be able to locate her , I use the locate button on my upland special , bell would work to .

I started running my Brit with an astro when she was about that size. I'll admit, it looked a little obnoxious, but she got used to it pretty quickly. I wouldn't say it slowed her down in the least.

I hunt two dogs of my own, and sometimes hunt with others and their dogs. A little dog is so easy to misplace, especially a pointy dog, when there are multiple dogs zipping around in good cover.

To me, it's worth the price, but everybody has their own opinion. Good luck with your little dog. If I had to get another dog, a FB would be near the top of the list. :thumbsup:

I personally don't care for bells. I used beeper collars on my Brittanys. I had the Dogtra 2500 T&B. Great collars. I ran my dogs mainly in "point only" mode but it the cover got really heavy I could change to "run & point mode" from the transmitter in a second. Or I could hit the locate button whenever I wanted to know where they were at. Only downfall is if they get too far or it's a windy day it can be hard to hear the beeper, or a bell. And with my hearing getting worse I finally had to breakdown and get the Garmin Alpha.

I use bells, sourced from France, on my FB's ... went for a hunt for pheasants with a friend and his FB ... he put a collar on the dog ... GPS, I think!!! It had a function to indicate a point, how far away the dog was, etc etc etc, ... my friends GPS did not beep ... ah, technology!!!!

Back