Franklin county SGL 235

Matt D

Curious if any of you guys have spent time in this area? Not looking for specifics of hotspots or anything like that but curious if it is worth spending time poking around there if I happen to come that way. It is the closest SGL to where I will be for work.

Thanks in advance for any info you can share.

Matt

I've never been there but since it is the only sgl in Franklin county to get birds, it's the only choice for the county.

Matt,

I haven't hunted that SGL, but as stated it does receive birds during the year and also for the youth hunt, so you should be in good shape. Years ago there was a decent strip of Farm Co-Op properties not far from the Letterkenny Army Depot. that always had birds, but that was a while back. Good luck if you go!

PM sent!

Prescribed burns have been done there to help reestablish some switch grass fields. There are two separate tracts of land that I would concentrate on. I will send you a private message with more specific information.

Thank you for the replies and the PM's. Really appreciate it and that is one reason that makes this site so good. Will probably try 235 but might also look farther east as I have some things that could take me to the Spring Grove area also.

Thanks again!

Matt

If I am hunting he will be with me. I enjoy watching him, or any dog, work birds more than shooting them. Our season opens this Friday(all released birds around here) and had a good warm up Saturday at the preserve in addition to the youth hunt a few weeks ago. He turned 10 this year and he is starting to show his age some. That is the reason I am looking at coming over your way to chase some birds vs taking him to SD or IA as I just dont think he could do 2-3 whole days of hunting on back to back days any longer. Taking him along and taking off work for a couple of part day hunts will be perfect for him. Hope I can make it all work out.

Thanks again for the help!

I completely agree, watching a dog work is a beautiful thing. Dugan is 10 as well so I understand what your saying. Good luck this friday and you definitely have to head out this way because your missing out!

Thank you for the replies and the PM's. Really appreciate it and that is one reason that makes this site so good. Will probably try 235 but might also look farther east as I have some things that could take me to the Spring Grove area also.

Thanks again!

Matt

No problem Matt, we have to keep them Springers into birds! lol. I agree about the site, a lot of good people with the same passion.

Does the Ohio season always start on a Friday? Good luck and be safe!

No problem Matt, we have to keep them Springers into birds! lol. I agree about the site, a lot of good people with the same passion.

Does the Ohio season always start on a Friday? Good luck and be safe!

I hear you about keeping those Springers in birds.

Yes our season always open on the first Friday in November. Has been as long as I can remember going back close to 30 years. Youth season was new about 10 years agoo and it is the two weekends prior to the normal opener.

Thanks

Back