Footage from my Colorado Pheasant Country Scouting Trip

Hi All,
Figured some of you might enjoy coming along with me and Piper on our little scouting adventure in Colorado pheasant country.
Enjoy!

Colorado Scouting Trip
Thanks for the video Greg.
They need some snow to cover up those goat head stickers. My Lab is heavy enough they still puncture his booties. I will probably shoe glue some rubber innertube on his boots this weekend. My 55lb Shorthair not so much.
Brute

Thanks Kiva. Always enjoyable to watch a good dog hunt. A caution on those boots, though. They really drag in heavy cover and will tire a dog out pretty quickly. I hunt labs as well and only use boots when absolutely necessary. I carry a set for each dog in my vest, but have found that in most CRP fields they aren't necessary. Hunting edges, corn, milo, etc. is where I find the goat heads and sand burrs.

Thanks for the video Greg.
They need some snow to cover up those goat head stickers. My Lab is heavy enough they still puncture his booties. I will probably shoe glue some rubber innertube on his boots this weekend. My 55lb Shorthair not so much.
Good stuff ! thanks for posting. time for the Main Event is upon us.
good luck out there! Be safe!

It’s a never ending battle! I have yet to find a set of boots that can keep everything out.

Back