Fishing

If there's no hunting to be had I guess I'll take some large mouth bass fishing over work any day.

100MEDIA95IMAG0349.jpg

If there's no hunting to be had I guess I'll take some large mouth bass fishing over work any day.

100MEDIA95IMAG0349.jpg

That is just wrong QH !!! I thought I caught Big Bass!! Well, it is Colorado!!! I would of peed my leg on that HOGGG!!!!!:10sign:

That is just wrong QH !!! I thought I caught Big Bass!! Well, it is Colorado!!! I would of peed my leg on that HOGGG!!!!!:10sign:

That's just a baby, barely 9lbs.:D I've been bass fishing my whole life and I've still never caught a double digit bass. :mad:If you want good eating a nice spotted bass out of clear water will hold its own against any perch or crappie.:thumbsup:

Trout for me. Would love to catch and eat (same day) an ocean fish sometime.

Yup, that's impressive! Throw in a limit of geese and I am sure that's a grand slam someplace!
Throw in the wife and some geese, and then it wouldve been a Grand Slam:thumbsup:

2012-01-07%2016.56.21.jpg

2013-01-17_11_04_421.jpg

Walleyes and Smallmouths occupy my spare time..

I will second the wife.

Love the combo RD. Bit jealous. I get my fair share of both, but never together. Awesome.

that is awesome,
I am going after a little combo action myself this weekend.. Found a nice hunting spot on the Mississippi river and will be heading there early to shoot some Geese and will stay all day and fish for smallies and catfish and then hope some Geese come back in for the evening shoot.

I usually cast and blast for chickens, sharpies and walleyes at Pierre onthe grouse opener. If it does not cool down soon may pass this year.
I will be in Idaho for a Salmon River C&B in Oct. Chuks and Huns for birds and Steelhead on the water. Never caught a real one but got two in the same day on Oahe downrigging for salmon---Skammania type.
Altho I spend most of my time in SD fishing walleye, I pursue smallies when available. I like largemouth and muskie too, but not many in these parts.

Ain't it as simple as throwing a hudd all day out there. :)

Yeah, something like that. I actually caught that one punching mats with a 2oz tungsten jig in the delta. If I were fishing down south for monster large mouth or the motherload lakes for huge spots I'd probably be long lining a big swim bait.:cheers:

I wrnt fishung this morning and caught a few but nothing to write home about but I do have a good story. I am reeling in this baby bass, maybe 14 incher, when this monster comes up and just slams him. Knocked the poor thing silly. I know bass love trout and kokane and I've save a monsters life who tried to choke down a bluegill who was just to big but I've never seen a bass go for another bass that big.:eek:

Back