First limit with Miss Kitty and Festus

Good luck to them! These were all shot on private ground and there isn't much WIHA around. Its hard to get permission on private ground around here. I hunted 3 hours and found 7 coveys with probably just over a hundred birds total. I haven't seen quail like that in 15 years. I shot 4 yesterday and 5 the day before. I saw 4 coveys each day. They were sitting a lot better today due to the clouds. The dogs both just turned a year old. I will be taking them west to shoot some phez a soon as I'm done farming.

I deer hunt in SE kansas and will be hunting around Yates Center on Private ground around deer season. Hope to do as well as you did

Thats great that you could get the Gordon's into some quail.
We didn't see many opening weekend, but it was hot and windy.

That is a great looking hat, .... isn't that the logo for the #1 team in the nation? The other one I have seen in the state looks like a road kill pheasant, with no football wins in the conference. :cheers:

Thats great that you could get the Gordon's into some quail.
We didn't see many opening weekend, but it was hot and windy.

That is a great looking hat, .... isn't that the logo for the #1 team in the nation? The other one I have seen in the state looks like a road kill pheasant, with no football wins in the conference. :cheers:

I guess I deserved that one. My comment was tongue in cheek. This "Road Kill Pheasant" fan is rooting for that number 1 team in the nation. I hope you get it done. Then KS would have another title (BCS National Champion) that Missouri doesn't have.:cheers:

It does my heart good just to see some Quail in anybody's report! Thanks for sharing. Nice picture and nice pups. they must be good too!

I guess I deserved that one. My comment was tongue in cheek. This "Road Kill Pheasant" fan is rooting for that number 1 team in the nation. I hope you get it done. Then KS would have another title (BCS National Champion) :Dthat Missouri doesn't have.:cheers:

It's all in fun. Your time will start in basketball season :)

That area used to be some of the best. The superintendant of the school dist used to raise Elhews and was a hellova quail hunter and I used to hunt with a guy west of Garnett that raised GSPs, I hunted from Uniontown to Yates Center at least 2-3 days a week back in the mid- late 90s when I was self employed and was supposed to be working.

Back