Fiochi 28 Gauge Golden Pheasant #6

BleuBijou

Found a great deal today local @ Jensen arms. They had 12 or so boxes of the Fiochi Golden Pheasant loads for the 28 in #6 nickel plated for 8.35 a box. They had some more 28 gauge ammo in 7 1/2 for the same price. If you are somewhat local to Loveland it is a pretty good deal. I also picked up a Adcor Stripped Lower for 99 bucks..I really want to build a 17 cal centerfire in a AR platform for varmits.. Already have a .223 and 22-250 and they do a little more pelt damage unless I use FMJ bullets.:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Seems like a good buy, but.... I have only bought one box of the Fiochi (Golden Pheasant) and the hulls or brass swelled so much after shooting that they would jam in my Rem 1100 (which has been ultra-reliable - never jams) and when I shot them in my SxS with extractors I could barely pull them out of the chamber. Still have half a box! Anyone else have troubles with them? Good luck!

Seems like a good buy, but.... I have only bought one box of the Fiochi (Golden Pheasant) and the hulls or brass swelled so much after shooting that they would jam in my Rem 1100 (which has been ultra-reliable - never jams) and when I shot them in my SxS with extractors I could barely pull them out of the chamber. Still have half a box! Anyone else have troubles with them? Good luck!

They have been working fine for me and my buddy in the Beretta silver pigeon O/U 28's and For me in the Benelli Legacy Sport semi auto in 12 and in my beretta Al 391 20 and Beretta Silver pigeon in 20 O/U. So I have never had a problem and hope I don't..

Never had an issue with them once and use them in 12 and 20 in o/u's and an autoloader.

I have the same problem in my 12 gauge Ruger, the brass just gets a little to big, hard for me to get them out, no more for me after I shoot whats left.

I have the same problem in my 12 gauge Ruger, the brass just gets a little to big, hard for me to get them out, no more for me after I shoot whats left.

That is weird!! They have to be the same temp after firing in each gun. I wonder what would be the difference.. Maybe it is the diameter tollerance in the barrel/chamber.Some must have a little more room to expand and not get stuck.

Glad to know I'm not the only one to have a problem - well, kind of. Seems like the batches must be inconsistent in my mind. Both of my guns (1100 Rem. and the 12 ga SxS) are close to 40 years old with thousands of rounds thru them and the Fiochi's are the only shells I've ever had problems with. Like I said, I have about a half box left and I probably won't be buying any more either. Good to hear they work for most guys.

That is weird!! They have to be the same temp after firing in each gun. I wonder what would be the difference.. Maybe it is the diameter tollerance in the barrel/chamber.Some must have a little more room to expand and not get stuck.

Not the 1st time I have had problems with there ammo, sent some back once because of miss fires they sent back new ammo.:mad:

Back