Farmhouse and Farm Rental

Water Turkey

Has anyone ever found a deal to rent out a farm to hunt for say a week at a time with lodging available or do all the outfitters/ guides lock up the farms that don't enroll in WIHA?

Any ideas on where to look for a deal like this?

Thanks,

I've always been a fan of the uguide model. I've even been a customer once. We had a good trip, but I can't get excited about driving all the way to SD when the hunting in Kansas is often just as good.

I've looked for something similar in Kansas, but I haven't seen anything on the same scale. There was a farm near WaKeeney that was offering something similar, but with less land and much less structure. I think an entrepreneurial guy with the right connections could create it.

Also, the laws about preserves are a little different between SD and KS, and I think these differences may nudge Kansas landowners towards the preserve structure.

Has anyone ever found a deal to rent out a farm to hunt for say a week at a time with lodging available or do all the outfitters/ guides lock up the farms that don't enroll in WIHA?

Any ideas on where to look for a deal like this?

Thanks,

I posted one for my cousin out of Sun City. Think it was 600 a week fully furnished .

Back