English Pointer to good home

duckn66

This dog will be 2 in August. I really hate to say that he is a started dog because I don't feel that he really is. He needs a bunch more wild bird contacts. He does however point pigeons and will do so until they are flushed.

He has been hunted, is broke to the gun, has started whoa training, will handle in the field pretty good. He will need some "touching" up on some of this but would take no time at all.

The bad of this dog is that he seems to just run right through quail right now but I am positive with enough contacts he will point them. His tail is about 3/4 the length it should be for some reason. I got him when he was 12 weeks along with a brother. I just don't have the time to hunt 3 dogs right now. He runs very big when you first turn him loose 800-900 yard casts but settles in very nice afterwards and hunts within 100 yards. I really think that with enough bird contacts he will come along nicely and make someone a nice dog. He has a sweet personality, almost never barks even at feeding time.

I would give him up to a nice hunting home. He is an outdoor dog although he grew up in the house. I would suppose he would settle back in to being and indoor dog with minimal time.

He is a go getter in the field and will hunt all day everyday if asked to do so. I have his full brother here who I have invested more time in and he is doing outstanding. I see no reason this dog won't either with enough time.

Last edited:
Back