ears are starting to work again

Some time back I informed everyone that I had lost all hearing in my right ear and some in the left ear. I was told by the ENT doc that my right ear was dead , unable to destinguish anything at all, and all over night , no shooting, no loud noise , not nothing. I started a 3 week course of steroids and I am glad to say I can hear some but not well, everything seems muffled. I did shoot last week with molded ear plugs with electronic muffs over them, not to bad. I go back in a couple of weeks to be reevaluated, so here is hoping. For the life of me I can not figure out what caused it.

Some time back I informed everyone that I had lost all hearing in my right ear and some in the left ear. I was told by the ENT doc that my right ear was dead , unable to destinguish anything at all, and all over night , no shooting, no loud noise , not nothing. I started a 3 week course of steroids and I am glad to say I can hear some but not well, everything seems muffled. I did shoot last week with molded ear plugs with electronic muffs over them, not to bad. I go back in a couple of weeks to be reevaluated, so here is hoping. For the life of me I can not figure out what caused it.

long term hearing loss, i have it too and i too got steroid treatment for a week and it helped me as well, reduced the ringing in my ears.....due to reduced swelling, which the roids will treat. it may help long term a little bit, but the symptons will eventually return and they can't keep you on roids forever, compromises your immune system....good luck, my condition is tinnitus, goggle for more info.

Last edited:
hunter94,
Yeah seems as though my hearing is starting to gradually go away again, lots of sound but unable to distinguish what someone is saying. Thanks for the good luck wish.

Back