Early Bird Dog Challenge Mt.Vernon South Dakota Prior to Pheasant Opener

Chave Dakota

The Early Bird Dog Challenge will be held Oct 18th and Oct 19th north of Mt. Vernon. This is a fundraiser for youth football in the Mount Vernon Area. This is an opportunity to see how your dog is running before the South Dakota Opener and win some money. This will not affect your 5 day liscense nor will you need to buy a preserve liscense. This is a dog training event. If you are interested Contact Fred Prien at fmprien@msn.com to get all the details on the event emailed to you. The details for the event will be available on our website at www.heroesfield.com late Monday afternoon if you wish to check out the rules and registration there.

Last edited:
I emailed Fred and he sent me the details which are attached below. It's the same exact format and point system that is used at the Bird Dog Challenge in Huron.

The biggest problem I have this this particular format is that there is way too much emphasis given on how fast you get your birds. Too many points for the time left. Not enough points for good dog work and shooting.

http://by147w.bay147.mail.live.com/...00001&attindex=0&cp=-1&attdepth=0&n=604101600

Hello everyone.... Keep in mind that it is not the EXACT format as the location, hospitality and after all its a fundraiser for our youth football program is all different from Huron. Look forward to seeing a great turn out.

Chave, I wasn't implying that the whole event and it being a fundraiser were the same as Huron. I was talking strictly about the Bird Dog Challenge itself. Even Fred said it was the same exact format as Huron. In fact it appears to me that they copied Huron's rules word for word. Not totally sure on the field sizes but Fred indicated about 4 acres. That seems awful small.

I hope you do well as it's for a good cause. So anyone in the area on Oct. 18-19 should get entered and see how good your dog and you can do.

Sounds like a good time. I wish all of you the best.:) Good luck:cheers:

Back