Dogtra Pathfinder

Tothepoint

Anyone know or heard anything about the dogtra pathfinder? I saw it on another site but with limited information about it. Tried doing a search on it and came back empty. Hoping they have something at pheasant fest.

What is it? A GPS collar? I asked Dogtra at Pheasant Fest the last time it was in Minneapolis if Dogtra was coming out with a GPS collar and the guy told me yes but it never happened.

What's interesting is that there is a pre order on two different sites, but nothing on the dogtra site. There is also very little information elsewhere on the web. It seems like some cool technology just looking for more information before I would take the plunge.

I have always been a bit Dogtra fan but changed since I needed a GPS collar. I like the idea, pricepoint is excellent. Only I prefer a physical button for quick correction, not a touchscreen.

I've wondered more than once if you could get an app on your phone that would integrate with a collar. I think it's a great idea, but IMO it would have been even better if the device in between the collar and the phone had buttons on it for stimulation. Leave the phone strictly for GPS stuff. But they didn't ask me. Hope it sells well and creates some price pressure on Garmin.

Regardless, I'm not planning on replacing my alpha with one of these.

Has anyone navigated the app yet? My main concern is the quick correction and the fumbling to get to the app. I have contacted Dogtra's customer service but they said there is no way to navigate the app to see every feature until it is paired to a collar.

I've been waiting for Dogtra to come out with a GPS unit but I'm really disappointed the Pathfinder works through your cell phone. I don't want to be fumbling with my cell phone and not being able to see the screen in sunlight. I think they would have been much better served to have used a separate handheld unit like Garmin and Sportdog. I don't need all the information that the Garmin gives you. I want it simple, more like the Sportdog TEK 1.0. Wish Sportdog would come out with a smaller unit for the dog like Garmin did with the Mini.

Back