Dog Vest

George

Hey guys was hoping you all could give me some suggestions on a vest. Took the dog out this past weekend and his chest got pretty scratched up so I would be using it more so for protection than warmth. He's a 75-80# lab. I worry about chaffing and snow building up inside the vest. Does anyone have any recommendations. Thanks guys.

http://www.lcsupply.com/LCS-Bird-Dog-Armor-Vest-2/productinfo/BDAV2/

I use the armor vest on my Britt, it is thin and I will probably have to replace after this season as it is getting some tears on the orange portion not in the chest protection area. I really like it in the warm months. Have ran in snow and had no issues. The armor vest 2 is more heavy duty then mine.

I used the Mendota skid plate for a few hunts last year on my GSP, no matter how I adjusted the skid plate, it continued to irritate her in her 'armpit' area. I reached out to Sylmar and spoke with the owner, he told me that 'we don't tolerate irritation'...Sylmar is located in Northern Colorado, so we took my dog up there and the owner was able to fit her with the correct sized vest and adjust it to her. We hunted both Sat and Sun this past weekend, absolutely no irritation.

Hope that helps!

I don't have experience with the protective type vests yet as the cover we train/hunt in is not too hard on Remi. For now, we re just using a Mendota visi-vest. When the time comes to pick up what you're looking for, Ill be going with the Sylmar most likely. Possibly the Cabelas. After doing lots of research and talking with others, it seems those are the two that irritate the dogs the least amount. Im not saying others don't irritate but I consistently heard this about the two I mentioned.

Back