Dog names

BrownDogsCan2

4 or 5 years ago I thought I had come up with the perfect dog name

Come to find out the whole family thinks it's stupid. What ever they decide to name her I think I will still go ahead and call her dig-g-d for short.

Last edited:
Hey, 10 years ago I was going to name my next dog "Toad". At this point, I can probably admit that was a stupid name for a dog and I will never use it. haha

Dog names are something you have to carefully think through. It must be something that you can shout loudly to get their attention. I don't want to embarrass myself so it can't be frilly of a name like peaches or princess! It also can't sound like no or any other commands we use frequently. I don't like to use the name rooster either. I have named my last three dogs all starting with "R" sometimes that gets confusing as well.

I've started naming my dogs after old west gunfighters. I'm starting to research litters to find my next pup. His call name will be Earp.

Sometimes they will name themselves, as maybe a particulary odd marking on their coat or personality trait just says it all.

All of my dogs names evolved.

Bob aka el Stinko.

Henry aka Pig.

Dudley aka Dirt.

Otis aka Goat.

Ralph aka Roffus.

Alice aka To be determined ( she’s only 9 weeks old )

In the field its Taz, Jax and Duke but at home its: Devil Dog (Taz), Mr. Wiggles or Rascal (Jax), and Little Guy or Precious (Duke) (the wife calls him that).

"All my dogs respond to G-dammit."
I almost fell off my chair laughing... both my husband AND my dog respond to 'G-dammit'.

Back