Dog friendly

Alaskan swamp collies

I'm going to be passing through southwest Nebraska this fall planning on a couple days of hunting. I have an old dog who went blind that I will not leave home. He needs a real dog friendly motel, like ground floor, maybe seperate entrance or a back door. Thinking McCook, but flexible.

I stayed at the Super 8 in Ogallala last season. The room was nice and only cost about $55. I parked near the back door and had a room on the first floor near the door. The people were nice and there was a breakfast. I think it was a $10 extra charge for my dog, but it was still pretty reasonable. This is a ways from McCook but it is a pretty nice place. A few years ago the lady at the desk said she liked hunting dogs because they were so well behaved. Good luck next season.

Thanks for the info and the PM's. We like to move around a lot, stay 3 days in an area and move on. Never hunt the same area twice. Finding a friendly motel is one of the hardest parts. Last year we went through MT, ND and SD. Found some great places and some really less than desirable motels. Only had to sleep in my clothes one night, wouldn't let the dogs in the room. Like to keep those nights to a minimum.

There was a Motel 8 in McCook that my wife and I stayed in ten years ago. They let our dogs in but wanted to charge $25 per dog. I ended up giving them $25 for the three. it was a nice place as Motel 8's go, clean but that has been 10 years ago.

Back