Division 1A vs 1AA

As I was sweating through my shoes at the K-state game Saturday I got to thinking...

Would you rather be a fan of a mediocre Division 1 school (example Mizzou, Mississippi State etc) that is usually bowl eligible but rarely competes for conference championships or a Division 1AA school that is a national power (North Dakota State or Appalachian State)?

Also: I was quite impressed by both NDSU's football team and their fans. I find it much easier to accept a loss when we are beat by a well coached disciplined team with a classy fan base than to get beat by a bunch of overhyped showboaters with crappy fans.

Jake as I posted in the Kansas forum, no FBS team should play down a level!! All it does is hurt them!!! You gain nothing and you can lose everything!!! The Bison are a great team and Program. But, K-State has everything to lose by playing them and nothing to gain!!! They just lost all hope of playing for the Championship!!! I am not saying they would have played for it, but they just lost any hope in doing so!!!!! Root for your Team whether they suck or not!! I am a CU fan and we suck!! Doesn't stop me for rooting for them!!!!:cheers:

Have to agree with Bleu. While it is great when a Div II school wins more often than not that dosent happen. Not a big fan of the 77-0 games that happen because the Div I schools play down a level. It's those types of games that make me watch the NFL more than college. If every game was competitive than I would probably follow the college game more.

As I was sweating through my shoes at the K-state game Saturday I got to thinking...

Would you rather be a fan of a mediocre Division 1 school (example Mizzou, Mississippi State etc) that is usually bowl eligible but rarely competes for conference championships or a Division 1AA school that is a national power (North Dakota State or Appalachian State)?

Also: I was quite impressed by both NDSU's football team and their fans. I find it much easier to accept a loss when we are beat by a well coached disciplined team with a classy fan base than to get beat by a bunch of overhyped showboaters with crappy fans.

IE: Alabama:)

To answer your question yes I would rather be a fan of a small winning school than the fan of a mediocre bigger school. Guys can say what they want, but it is more fun to win than it is to lose.

Back