Disappointing Illinois Public Lands

SttrsRCool

Once again after a morning of walking around a so-called pheasant habitat area in Manito, il, all I got was blisters and a tired dog. I continue to be amazed that the residents of Illinois are subject to draw in regulations to such worthless areas. Disappointing that the "Praire" state can't provide better opportunities for upland hunters.

Sorry to hear that. Then again, that's the name of the game isn't it?:) Hit the same area today and you may shoot your limit in 1/2 hour.;) Birds move in, birds move out. Weather, food, and habitat, pressure, etc. effects they're behavior.

Anyway, for the first time I was lucky enough to pull a permit for a PHA site for last Nov:thumbsup:. The habitat was impressive, the bird numbers were good. I couldn't help to send in a "thank you" letter to those involved.

It would be a good day for Illinois hunters if we get to a point where we keep adding such areas to the list (year after year)---then get to a point where we can park our cars, get out and hunt. No permit necessary. Similar to other states. Man that would be nice wouldn't it!!!

Back