Dickinson Shotguns from Cabela's

Greg,
Thanks for the info and links. I ended up with one in 16 gauge with double triggers. Had Cabela's have trigger pulls fixed at Ahlmans before keeping it. Triggers now are about 4# and reasonably equal. They paid the cost of fixing the unacceptable trigger pulls. The front trigger was way to heavy and the rear trigger was dangerously light. Now they are much better. Hope the adjustment holds. The gun fits me better than my other doubles with minimal need for modification. Quality and wood to metal finish seems good. Need to refinish the wood though. What did you do to your stock finish?
Al

Hi happy to help! Glad to hear that your trigger issue are solved, they are heavy.

I had the stock refinished with Tru-Oil, much better now. Will be easy to maintain and should wear much better.

I hope you have many long, happy and healthy years shooting her.

Good Luck!

Greg

It is not easy task to give good finishing to the stock. I always prefer to take help of an exert who have good knowldge about this task. Proper alignment should done so that it is comfortable and safe to use the gun.

I wish I'd bought then when they first started importing them as Dickinson. Saw several in the $900 range at the KC Cabelas. Really thinking I need a 16 ga sxs right now.

These are the same guns as the ones that S&W was importing with their name on, which got good reviews.

My guess is not. They were closing them out when I bought mine and sounded like they were not bringing any more to MN anyway.

If you can find one in the configuration you like, buy it. I have its cousin, the S&W Elite in 20 gauge and a Dickinson in 12 gauge. One cost $1195 and the other $1085. They are steals. I keep hearing about heavy trigger pulls, but both of mine are double trigger guns and the pulls are fine. At the discounted prices they can be had for, if you want a nice double, nothing comes close.

Back