Day 1 in Kimball

Matt D

Got to town late morning. Rest of the group made it in and after a good lunch out to the fields we go. Just never gets old seeing the pure number of birds that are here in SD. You guys have it so great. Some day I will spend few weeks out here chasing birds. Until then these short trips will have to do. Lots of birds shot and about to eat dinner. Looking forward to the next two days even if the weather is going to be a challenge.

Matt D

I like your spirit Matt and your dog too - my springer now only dreams of her days afield. I'm scheduled for a return trip weekend after next and the current cold spell has a few in my group ready to bail out before it even starts! If the birds can brave the weather then so can I.

Enjoy rest of your hunt and save a few for rest of us.

I just wish my Springer was along on this trip as that would make it even better. I have to be honest the weather was not as big a deal as I expected today. Dress in layers and you will be fine. Can't say enough good about neck gators. Great against the wind. Good luck on your trip. I am looking forward to 2016 as that will be when I get to make a trip with friends and dogs and experience SD in a different way then this visit. Can't wait.

We were North of the interstate. Days 2 and 3 continued just like day 1. Great trip and fun.

Back