Cz 912

GPowers

Anyone ever use a CZ 912 auto? Gun seems to feel nice and is light. Looking for a new auto for my 15 year old son, he seems to like it over many that he has shouldered. It's for upland game only. We have O/U's already but I would like him to have an auto for SD and for years to come.

1 st time posting
i have a 20 guage like that and its pretty decent.it seems to like to have the gas valve area wiped out about every 200 rds.I mostly shoot trap or skeet with it. The gas operated 20 ga is like shooting a 22 as far as recoil goes. it was alot cheaper than a remington 1100 in 20 ga.They're made in Turkey for cz,I'm told. I have a bennelli montfeltro and if you set them side by side they look identical,though the benelli is inertia driven and the cz is gas operated. Im assume the cz is a copy of the Rem. 1100 gas system,there's an o-ring under the forend.
i know cz makes some neat looking 98 mausers and little .222 and .223 rifles.
cz is supposed to be a pretty high quality company.we just didnt know about them because they were behind the iron curtain for alot of years.
i'd buy a 12 but i have too many already

Thanks for the info... I bought one and cant wait to put a few rounds through it. Looks and feel reel nice. We clean our guns after every use (just the way I was taught, now passing that on) so we shouldnt have a problem with the gas port.

No experience with their shotguns, did see Tom Knapp do an exhibition a last spring outside of Pittsburg, Kansas shooting the new CZ shotgun. He was also shooting thrown aspirins with a CZ .22 Mag as well though. :)

My wife and I have got a pair of CZ 452 .22 rifles, couldn't ask for a better bolt action .22. Brother in law just picked up one for my niece and nephew. Know several that have had .22 Hornet and .223 bolt guns from CZ with good reviews.

Their double shotguns are made for them in Turkey. Somebody mentioned above here that they thought the autoloaders were as well, that I don't know, quite possible.

No experience with their shotguns, did see Tom Knapp do an exhibition a last spring outside of Pittsburg, Kansas shooting the new CZ shotgun. He was also shooting thrown aspirins with a CZ .22 Mag as well though. :)

My wife and I have got a pair of CZ 452 .22 rifles, couldn't ask for a better bolt action .22. Brother in law just picked up one for my niece and nephew. Know several that have had .22 Hornet and .223 bolt guns from CZ with good reviews.

Their double shotguns are made for them in Turkey. Somebody mentioned above here that they thought the autoloaders were as well, that I don't know, quite possible.

The CZ USA autos are made in turkey too. Thanks BTW for the 452 comments. Those guns are popular amoung rimfire shooters. I did a BSA benefit shoot yeaterday and a lot of folks liked our suppressed 452 model we put on the course. I also put 300 plus thur my wingshooter yesterday too in a dusty enviroment w/o a prob. I am a bit sore today, but it was a good time.

Cheesy, working on the safety issue now and will bring up the bolt handle too;). Good things to come in 2013. Please stay tuned!:thumbsup:

One of my best friends cousin had a cz dirt bike in the early 70's that i think he raced competivly and they kinda raved about it.
i mention that because thats where i first heard of CZ.My friend even went so far as to describe the logo with the Z superimposed over the C.
Slightly off thread but i'd heard on the history channel that when the germans invaded czechslovakia as it was called then,they doubled their capacity to make cannon barrels overnight.point being ,they been making guns there for a long time.i know the war surplus "Czech 98 mauser" is highly prized for sporterizing.
i guess im remiss in my gun maintenace duties, i tend to like shooting 'em more than cleaning' em.i guess pulling the dip stick out of the pick up and dribbling a couple of drops of oil near the gas cylinder is a little too country:)
i was just saying that i might put 2 of those wally world 4 packs through mine and it took about 7 boxes to get a sticker. And that didnt repeat immediately.id pull the foreend of and wipe it out alittle ,no big deal may be i should let it cool off a little bit.thats probably not the highest grade powder in those,burns dirty
i think i buy id buy a cz side by side before a stoeger.though i own an a 2000. i think one of those 912's would serve a young person well.the beauty of the european guns is they have chrome lined barrels(no rust) with the 20 and 12 both having 3"chambers. stout, heavy ,steel goose loads arent fun for any body.the gas operated action should help reduce recoil.it does in the 20
too many guns ,too little time
good luck all,RL

I guess I fought to mention...my 15 year old is 6'-2' and can handle any gun.:D

I just wanted something that would last him and serve him well until he had his own kids. I used the gun this past weekend and liked it alot, I'm sure he will like it also. He had homecoming and couldnt make the trip up north to hunt and help the old man pull the dock out. I just finished cleaning it after this weekends use and it should last him a lifetime or at least until he finds another one he cant live without...like his old man.:D

i looked at my 20 and noticed it was what i thought was a parkerized blue finish. the cz website says that' a"hard black chrome " finish, more corrosion resistance.
blued steel and walnut is pretty but its kinda old fashioned nowadays.

I love my 912. Its a special edition with a silver receiver(not the tom knapp version). It's one of the most comfortable semi-autos I have ever shot(I have shot most of them out there) and it's priced so low I don't have to baby it. I have used it for ducks, geese, pheasants, and a turkey...all in the same weekend:)

Back