Cuttin' the Dust

BritChaser

After a day afield, how does your hunting party cut the dust? I carry a bottle W.L. Weller bourbon which we pass around field side after the guns are put away for the day. Then we roll into town for dinner in a refreshed state.

Last edited:
Water
But Jameson, if it's actual whiskey with an 'e'.
Bushmills, if one is Protestant.
Redbreast, if one is lucky.

Last edited:
Water
But Jameson, if it's actual whiskey with an 'e'.
Bushmills, if one is Protestant.
Redbreast, if one is lucky.

Just looked up Redbreast which I was not familiar with. Looks like a fine potable from the Old Sod.

My hunting partner and I carry a flask of Bird Dog Blackberry Whiskey and usually have a sip or 2 of that plus a beer after the hunt is over. Back at the Hotel we have a brown one or 2 [that would be a brandy manhattan in our case] before we shower up and go eat somewhere.

A modest amount of Johnny Walker Black back at the house or motel is a nice way to toast a good day of hunting.

Also I guess I usually have a cold beer while cleaning birds on a warm day, and a sip of something to warm the insides while cleaning birds on a cold day.

Cheeeeeeers! It's always beer:30 somewhere. :cheers:

It's
original coors for me.

I spent some time in my early twenty's with an older gentlemen, friend of a friend. His dad was a rural mail carrier in Kinsley KS. and they hunted Fri.-Sun every week. Best dog, best beer, and the best ground.

Mike passed away early, once a year I try to make it to Edwards county, Dec. 11, in honor of Mike and Meg , my first dog.

It's
original coors for me.

I spent some time in my early twenty's with an older gentlemen, friend of a friend. His dad was a rural mail carrier in Kinsley KS. and they hunted Fri.-Sun every week. Best dog, best beer, and the best ground.

Mike passed away early, once a year I try to make it to Edwards county, Dec. 11, in honor of Mike and Meg , my first dog.

Edwards used to be kick ass for pheasants.......

Water or coffee on the road home, depending on the temperature. I used to bring a beer or two for the end of the hunt, but found I was often too dehydrated and it went right to my head. Once I get home and get a few things are squared away, my preference is rye (Forty Creek out of Ontario is my new favourite) with lots of ice, a bit of gingerale and lime crushed into it.

Back