corps of engineers

Byrdoglvr

Hello all--Can the corps of engineers property be hunted along the Missouri river in say the Mobridge area? I got to hunt some private land back in 2011 overlooking the river. It was a beautiful spot. I'd love to semi recreate that hunt.

Thanks for any responses

Hello all--Can the corps of engineers property be hunted along the Missouri river in say the Mobridge area? I got to hunt some private land back in 2011 overlooking the river. It was a beautiful spot. I'd love to semi recreate that hunt.

Thanks for any responses

Yup, sure can. U should look at the online atlas or Walk in Area book. You can also download an app for your phone too.

I have all the map books. Been hunting that area for the last six years just never along the river. We did check out some WIA areas on the river bluffs near Okaska but decided to move on. Thanks a lot for the help.

Used to walk the dog along the river at Mobridge; unfortunately it was within the city limits, so no hunting. It can be very difficult walking due to dead-falls and brush, but there are birds.

Very few roads (in that area) end at the river, hence one needs a place to exit.

Good Luck!

I think the TV show "The Flush" did an episode where they take boats and hunt the Corp Land along the river. Would be fun to have two boats so you don't have to walk the same ground. A lot of state parks along the river some have small cabins you can rent.

I've seen that episode. Pretty sure they were in Chamberlain. I'm looking in the Akaska area. Thanks guys for letting me know it's legal.

Two boats would be ideal...similar to road hunting with two vehicles, otherwise it's a long walk back to your vehicle.

As I previously mentioned, navigating along the river can be challenging;deadfall & brush make for difficult walking.

Two boats would be ideal...similar to road hunting with two vehicles, otherwise it's a long walk back to your vehicle.

As I previously mentioned, navigating along the river can be challenging;deadfall & brush make for difficult walking.
And don't forget those d...m rattler snakes. :mad:

For those interested you can get a vaccine for the rattlers for your dog. First year it is a two series then a booster every year after. Need to get it in advance, week before you hunt won't help your dog if bit.

Back