Cordoba or Sport 2 shooters?

Deweybagger

is anybody on here shooting or shot either of these guns in 12 ga.?
None of the stores by me have either to hold, one place did have a performance shop cordoba in 20ga but it's got smaller features.

Any info on the sport 2, nobody at these stores seem to know what I'm talking about or they say yep we got one and we drive there and it's a super sport.

How about any info what the difference is between the Cordoba and the Vinci Cordoba? Or is it the same gun??

I'm so lost and nobody I've talked to in store have an answer either.

Cordoba has the same dimension as the M2. Sport 2 has the same dimensions as the Legacy. The main difference is the porting in the barrel.

The C?rdoba Vinci is a completely different gun. Easier to clean but pretty funny looking. Look at the regular Vinci to look at the design.

What will you be using it for? Sporting clays or hunting? Do you want a ported barrel? Wood or synthetic?

My experience is with Nova, M2, SBE, SBE2 and Legacy. I've shot Benellis for 20 yrs.

is anybody on here shooting or shot either of these guns in 12 ga.?
None of the stores by me have either to hold, one place did have a performance shop cordoba in 20ga but it's got smaller features.

Any info on the sport 2, nobody at these stores seem to know what I'm talking about or they say yep we got one and we drive there and it's a super sport.

How about any info what the difference is between the Cordoba and the Vinci Cordoba? Or is it the same gun??

I'm so lost and nobody I've talked to in store have an answer either.

I've only handled them in the store so I won't be a ton of help. However, something you may or may not know is that they don't come with anything less than a 28" barrel (unless I missed something). I ended up with a regular Vinci partly because of that. It quickly become my all time favorite shooting gun last season. I will say that I absolutely loved the way the 20ga Cordoba shouldered though. Best wishes!

Cordoba has the same dimension as the M2. Sport 2 has the same dimensions as the Legacy. The main difference is the porting in the barrel.

The C?rdoba Vinci is a completely different gun. Easier to clean but pretty funny looking. Look at the regular Vinci to look at the design.

What will you be using it for? Sporting clays or hunting? Do you want a ported barrel? Wood or synthetic?

My experience is with Nova, M2, SBE, SBE2 and Legacy. I've shot Benellis for 20 yrs.

I'm looking to use it as a sporting clays/upland tournament gun, probably hunt pheasant with it also. From the Benelli website the Cordoba should have the same drop at the heal and comb as the SBE2, which I shoot the best out of all my Benelli shot guns, but I don't want to use my SBE2 for this stuff, only duck and goose hunt....which I really don't do anymore.

So a 28" ported barrel is my goal in about the same weight as the SBE2 which would be just over 7 lbs.

I called Ahlmans in Minnesota and they have both in stock! Looks like a drive is in my future!

I've only handled them in the store so I won't be a ton of help. However, something you may or may not know is that they don't come with anything less than a 28" barrel (unless I missed something). I ended up with a regular Vinci partly because of that. It quickly become my all time favorite shooting gun last season. I will say that I absolutely loved the way the 20ga Cordoba shouldered though. Best wishes!

I'm actually looking for a 28" barrel, I'm currently in a love hate relationship with my Ultralight 26" barrel. fits me awesome, dream to carry but I'm really shooting it poorly on hard right/left shots, think it's actually to light and I'm being to jerky.

I also think the 20ga cordoba felt great, can't wait to try the 12ga. as I responded already I did find both guns in one store so hopefully I can check them out Friday!

Well, I guess it comes down to wood or synthetic. I really like the rubber cheek insert on the synthetic stocks. I think it really helps with felt recoil. For me my Benelli sbe 2 kicks less than my A400 wood stock and Benelli Legacy. I think it's because of the cheek piece.

After much research and holding both guns side by side I really liked the Cordoba, it has the same lop, drop at heel and comb as the sbe2 so I went all in and ordered a Performance Shop Cordoba being they were on sale, can't wait for it to get home!

You will like it. I shot a Cordoba all during our skeet league here and did well with it. I then found a good deal on a Sport II and bought it. It definitely had more felt recoil with out the special recoil reducing stock found in the synthetic models. Both guns are excellent, but I like the Cordoba better.

Back