Chamberlain area tomorrow then...

Thursty

Hi all,

I will be in the Chamberlain area of SD with my dog and one other hunter tomorrow (12/31). I've hunted SD a couple times probably 8+ years ago. Then it was private land so this will my first time on SD public land. We have been hunting put and takes in northern illinois with a couple trips to the UP for grouse or down south for grouse the last few years. My dog is a mutt but she was born for this. Strong nose, not afraid of brush, works tight. Even though she is a flusher she works fine with pointers. Kind of going to let the will of the road/hunt dictate where we end up. If any one is going to be hunting the western half of SD the next few days and is looking for a couple extra guns or another dog let me know, maybe we can link up. Any tips would be welcomed, and if you think I would have better luck out side of chamberlain I'm all ears:thumbsup:

Happy Hunting!

Hi all,

I will be in the Chamberlain area of SD with my dog and one other hunter tomorrow (12/31). I've hunted SD a couple times probably 8+ years ago. Then it was private land so this will my first time on SD public land. We have been hunting put and takes in northern illinois with a couple trips to the UP for grouse or down south for grouse the last few years. My dog is a mutt but she was born for this. Strong nose, not afraid of brush, works tight. Even though she is a flusher she works fine with pointers. Kind of going to let the will of the road/hunt dictate where we end up. If any one is going to be hunting the western half of SD the next few days and is looking for a couple extra guns or another dog let me know, maybe we can link up. Any tips would be welcomed, and if you think I would have better luck out side of chamberlain I'm all ears:thumbsup:

Happy Hunting!

Hunted that area last week with some folks. Tons of birds on both state and private land. Limited out each of the four days I was there. Have fun!

We saw more birds than we could count. Lots of hens. Very flighty. Most of our luck finding birds that would hold so we could hunt them was in the cat tails. Took 15 roosters over 3 days despite only getting 1 on the first day while we were figuring things out. With 5 days we probably could have shot our limit but we were playing catch up with our licenses hunting only the last 3 days. Dam job!

Back