Cabelas

We also have a lot of great Mom and Pop stores,please consider using them.They are better neighbors.

If you are going to be anywhere around Pierre I would stop in the Dakotamart. You can buy ammo and cut meat at the same tinme, every town in America should have one of these. Don't let the Mart fool you, nothing like a W-Mart.

If you are going to be anywhere around Pierre I would stop in the Dakotamart. You can buy ammo and cut meat at the same tinme, every town in America should have one of these. Don't let the Mart fool you, nothing like a W-Mart.

That downstairs sporting goods shop is pretty bitchin',no?My old man used to sell them guns forty years ago.

That downstairs sporting goods shop is pretty bitchin',no?My old man used to sell them guns forty years ago.

That's one of the coolest places I have ever been in. Friday before opener you can't get near the counters. Really crazy before you could buy your license online.

I decided to get back into fishing this Spring,had no clue how to catch a walleye so I went in there and looked at the Rapala display and saw the HuskyJerk Pink Clown was about sold out but the dozens of other choices were near full. I figured that must be the hot ticket.Headed to the tailrace and hooked a 9 pounder on my second cast.I threw that bad boy up on the public cleaning table like I did this kind of stuff daily.Then I had to admit to two total strangers that I had no clue how to clean it.Fortunately I possessed the universal currency (beer),two Summer Shandies later and I never had to pick up the knife.

I decided to get back into fishing this Spring,had no clue how to catch a walleye so I went in there and looked at the Rapala display and saw the HuskyJerk Pink Clown was about sold out but the dozens of other choices were near full. I figured that must be the hot ticket.Headed to the tailrace and hooked a 9 pounder on my second cast.I threw that bad boy up on the public cleaning table like I did this kind of stuff daily.Then I had to admit to two total strangers that I had no clue how to clean it.Fortunately I possessed the universal currency (beer),two Summer Shandies later and I never had to pick up the knife.

Souds like a good time to me Deluxe. You did well with the huskey jerks too,they catch fish.I only fish with the clear white one though.Gonna buy the clown once I get to Dakotamart.The Cabelas here in Rapid is sold out of the good colors by June.
Labman, I agree with the boys on this one.Hit the mom and pop stores before you go to Cabelas. Hell,hit Dakotamart if your in the area.

I will diffenetly check the DakotaMart out on our way through Pierre. Been to Cabelas, Bass Pro and Gander Mt enough this summer and fall. Need to check this place out. I will need both ammo and cut meat. Going to be in the area north of Pierre the 4th thru the 11th,just west of Gettsburg to be exact. Anybody want to hook up for a afternoon in the field or some dinner one evening?

I will diffenetly check the DakotaMart out on our way through Pierre. Been to Cabelas, Bass Pro and Gander Mt enough this summer and fall. Need to check this place out. I will need both ammo and cut meat. Going to be in the area north of Pierre the 4th thru the 11th,just west of Gettsburg to be exact. Anybody want to hook up for a afternoon in the field or some dinner one evening?

I do some hunting by Agar and south of Gettysberg,but mostly small spots with no more room for more,sorry man. We usually eat at Bobs Steakhouse and try to eat the "big one", there or eat Mexican at the Bunkhouse in Agar.Both places have great food.I'll be returning to Rapid on Sunday and wont be back that way till the 17 of November for deer hunting
Royce

Last edited:
Labman

Gonna be hunting around Gettysburg nov 2 thru nov 9. Maybe we can get together. If nothing else we can have a cold one or twelve one evening.

Dan

I'll be in Miller from the 4th through the 10th. I'll be by myself, and would really enjoy some company at supper one night. :cheers:

Back