Browning Factory Repair

dakotasj

My Browning 625 was sent to Browning to replace the stock about a month ago. Talked to them today to check on progress and they quoted an August delivery date. That sounds way too long. Anyone have similar experience? Same problem as ammo supply??

A friend of mine has one of they Cynergy shotguns that had the recall on the synthetic stock. He told me he sent his in to Browning for the factory replacement and it took about 2 months from the time he sent it to them until he got it back.

It might be that the repairs department at Browning has a tremendous backlog of warranty work on all of the Cynergy shotguns. Between that and most likely having to shut down for a period of time in 2020 for Covid, they're probably just behind which has resulted in the long delay on the work you are needing done.

Why couldn't Browning they just send out the replacement part or work through local gunsmiths ??

I converted a wood Beretta to synthetic ... purchased the stock and fore arm and installed myself. If it is warranty work than go through gunsmiths.

If it is the mechanism ... issue a repair summary and have the pros take care of it.

Just sent my Maxus in to Browning yesterday to have the Dura Touch finish removed and then the forearm and stock refinished with their new "whatever". Was told two month turnaround. OK, just need it for duck/goose season as it's the only auto I own and only 3.5". Cross your fingers!

Thanks everyone for the input/ feedback.
My local gunsmith after getting the replacement stock in to his shop was concerned about being able to match the color and finish of my gun. He said he would feel better if Browning did the work, price was quoted and I agreed.
Since then its been an interesting journey.
After the local gunsmith told me what Browning's updated delivery forecast was August, I called Browning and was given a Service No. and password to track the status on line of my gun's progress on Browning's website.
I was told it was on a gunsmith's bench, so if that's the case, can't imagine August get back date.

Just sent my Maxus in to Browning yesterday to have the Dura Touch finish removed and then the forearm and stock refinished with their new "whatever". Was told two month turnaround. OK, just need it for duck/goose season as it's the only auto I own and only 3.5". Cross your fingers!
I have a Maxus, so I'm just wondering why you wanted the Dura Touch removed. Falling apart or just don't like it? I know some guys have had issues with it in the past.

I have a Maxus, so I'm just wondering why you wanted the Dura Touch removed. Falling apart or just don't like it? I know some guys have had issues with it in the past.
Getting very sticky almost gummy and hard to clean. Dust sticks to it and then it's slick and hard to handle. My three son's all shoot A400 Extreme's in camo and they wear me out when I show up with a black gun so I've bought a GunWrap in Kryptek Nomad and plan to wrap it once it returns. I was afraid the wrap wouldn't stick to the Dura Touch.

Getting very sticky almost gummy and hard to clean. Dust sticks to it and then it's slick and hard to handle. My three son's all shoot A400 Extreme's in camo and they wear me out when I show up with a black gun so I've bought a GunWrap in Kryptek Nomad and plan to wrap it once it returns. I was afraid the wrap wouldn't stick to the Dura Touch.
Gotcha. Yeah mine gets a little sticky at times too but it's not too terrible. I do question how it'll look in another 20 years however compared to if I went with a wood stock.

Gotcha. Yeah mine gets a little sticky at times too but it's not too terrible. I do question how it'll look in another 20 years however compared to if I went with a wood stock.
I was told by Browning rep that once they remove the Dura Touch the spray and new finish on it. I'm assuming the same finish that's on the newer Maxus and or A5's. Either way, it's getting wrapped.

I was told by Browning rep that once they remove the Dura Touch the spray and new finish on it. I'm assuming the same finish that's on the newer Maxus and or A5's. Either way, it's getting wrapped.
Out of curiosity, what did they charge you for that?

I knew there was a class action going on but wasn't sure the outcome. I'll check out that link. Thanks JMC and 5 Stand.

WOW......My Maxus showed up today. Dura Touch is gone. Looks like they painted it. Doesn’t look bad but it’s smooth. No texture. I am wrapping it so it’ll work out.

Back