Browning BXD Shells

Miforester

I tried to search the site for any post regarding the Browning BXD shells but didn't find anything.

Does anyone have any experience with these? Curious looking to restock for next season(s). I have traditionally been a Winchester fan but looking at other options, not sure why but they say change can be good. Thanks for your input.

Got some for Christmas from my son. I used the Upland 20 gauge 2 3/4 6's this weekend and folded a couple of roosters. At 1300 FPS, they hit pretty hard.

I have used the Browning magnum #5 lead shot shells. The plastic color on the 12g shells is black. They seemed to do fine.

Browning appears to have done a good job selling them to big box retailers such as Cabelas and Gander Mountain. Browning had tried to sell ammo some 30 years ago too.

I would assume that Browning is having these shotgun shells toll manufactured by another company, but I do not have any proof that Federal, Winchester, Remington or another smaller manufacturer is doing this. It is not uncommon for companies to this in other industries.

Run a google search. One report said they are loaded by Winchester, but Browning claims the design is unique and not just a Winchester shotshell repackaged.

Last edited:
Yeah I haven't done an internet search yet, figured I would ask this group first, forum is more reliable in my opinion. I often wonder about rebranding under a different name and charging more.....kinda like putting lipstick on a pig.

Back