Brood2Rooster

UGUIDE

This is Millborns custom mix similar to that they create for GFP. It is currently the shining star at my camp. Planted early May and has been developing ever since. Looks great. Real test will be when hunters do survey by shotgun this fall and then when the real nasty weather hits the fan to see how it holds up.

I also have a test plot of something else I put together that looks pretty good and we will see how that fairs.

UGUIDE,
What do you do with this type of plot in the spring? Disc it all under? Combine it?
We had too much grain leftover from last years plots that it ruined this years crop. Had we been more patient, we would have let it emerge then sprayed it dead, but it didn't start growing until we had planted this years crop.

UGUIDE,
What do you do with this type of plot in the spring? Disc it all under? Combine it?
We had too much grain leftover from last years plots that it ruined this years crop. Had we been more patient, we would have let it emerge then sprayed it dead, but it didn't start growing until we had planted this years crop.

I use a 3 crop rotation just like production. No more tillage. I donated my disk to the neighbor. You could no till right into standing cover based on year or chop with bush hog or flail chop to create a finer mulch. Herbicides are a tool you need to learn how to deploy effectively.

The brood mix follows corn and I get a fair amount of volunteer corn coming up in crops that follow corn which I like. Good cover and diversity.

Do you have any pics of the brood to rooster in the growing stages and when full grown? I'm looking at trying about 35 acres of it but I would really like to see pics before I do. Thank you

Good luck getting him to respond. After all the abuse he received over the summer I think he swore off this website.

Back