Bowman/Hettinger area help

Bird Buster

So I am thinking of making my first trip to hunt in one of these areas this fall. Any advice/suggestions/comments that could help a first timer to ND? I plan to try to hunt public areas and ask permission where possible. Probably will shoot for end of October if things work out. If you would rather PM me feel free to. Thanks in advance...BB

Wow guys don't everyone speak up at once here... Guess I will call the local Warden up there to get some info. Bon Voyage

I know nothing about the area you are asking about. But it could be so good they keeping it quiet.......Bob

A little late to the conversation, but if you still want info.

If your planning on hunting Hettinger county you better make sure you have your checkbook with ya.

SW NoDak and especially the Mott/Regent area are almost exclusively pay to hunt. Yes, you could get lucky and find someone who will let you on for free, but that would be quite rare if it happened. There are PLOTS lands in that area, but as with any public lands they will get hit hard and often and the birds will soon be residing on private land.

That being said, if you don't mind paying a daily trespass fee, the area holds a ton of Phez that will rival anything you could find in South Dakota.

A little late to the conversation, but if you still want info.

If your planning on hunting Hettinger county you better make sure you have your checkbook with ya.

SW NoDak and especially the Mott/Regent area are almost exclusively pay to hunt. Yes, you could get lucky and find someone who will let you on for free, but that would be quite rare if it happened. There are PLOTS lands in that area, but as with any public lands they will get hit hard and often and the birds will soon be residing on private land.

That being said, if you don't mind paying a daily trespass fee, the area holds a ton of Phez that will rival anything you could find in South Dakota.

I would delete this thread if there was a way to but there isn't. I spoke to the local warden up there and got all the info I needed. Your post appears to be an attempt to scare me off I am guessing maybe? To each his own...

I would delete this thread if there was a way to but there isn't. I spoke to the local warden up there and got all the info I needed. Your post appears to be an attempt to scare me off I am guessing maybe? To each his own...

Not trying to scare you off at all. Just trying to inform you of what to expect out there before you make the big journey. I've hunted that area for 20 years, so I know a little about the Mott/Regent area in particular pretty well. 99% of private land is posted and a bunch of it is leased up by outfitters such as the Cannonball Company and others.

Sorry if my post sounded like a scare tactic, but it's the reality out there, I was only trying to give you a heads up.
:)

Last edited:
I am looking for Bowman and Hettinger (the town not county) not Regent or Mott. I am aware of the Cannonball Co operation up there also but funny all the other responses I have gotten have been positive except yours? With that much experience up there sounds strange to me.

Back