Better Dog Work

bauerline

The dogs had a little better work today. It did start out with a hen flushing wild but I don't know if the dogs caused it or not. A little after that I see Champ:
IMG_1840_zpswty01vdu.jpg

Turns out he was behind Blitz:
IMG_1844_zps8lj4p7k1.jpg

Nittany joined the fun a little late:
IMG_1846_zpsbsxcur4s.jpg

They all held well and which let me get a few pictures with my phone:
IMG_1849_zpsludnvgdx.jpg

IMG_1851_zpsbaoa8jso.jpg

I was able to flush a hen pheasant from the point. I've been seeing a couple of hens in the area and they look pretty mature at this point.

Blitz had one more point before leaving which proved to be unproductive:
IMG_1855_zpsfnbattpq.jpg

The temp was about 77 and it didn't take long for the dogs to get hot since they were running through the high grass. Maybe I'll give it a go Sunday morning when it will be cooler.

What are you going to do with all the birds those boys are going to get for you this season?:)

It's been fun watching Champ's progress!:thumbsup:

Thanks for the comments. Champ is doing well and I will test him next month in NA for NAVHDA. I'm hoping he does well.

Fldbred- What makes you think I'll hit the birds the dogs find? I've missed my fair share last year.

You know what they say about even a blind squirrel! :) I figure with all the opportunities those boys are going to offer you, even Mr. Appleman could score often! :roll eyes: ;)

Last edited:
If I didn't know any better I would think you're trying to rattle somebody's cage! Is Mr. A still around or is he tracking pheasants through the grass?

He's hunkered down in his bunker, but some good things are happening! ;)

Thanks for the comments. Champ is doing well and I will test him next month in NA for NAVHDA. I'm hoping he does well.

Fldbred- What makes you think I'll hit the birds the dogs find? I've missed my fair share last year.

Good luck next month and we won't talk about misses I might of had a few..;)

Back