Best trip ever

GPowers

I just hunted solo for 4 days in the heart of SD Pheasant country and had the best trip ever. 2 of the 4 days I had a limit well before noon and limited out. I never hunted the same area twice and had a great trip and saw tons of birds. I had a "flush", in one area of over 40 roosters. ALL public lands!

I cant wait to head back in a few weeks. I had to cut this trip a day short to get home and put out some fires with my business.......... so I can make the next trip with friends!

GPowers, sounds like a great trip. What area were you in?
My buddy and I will be out in the Pierre area in 2 weeks. Like you, we hunt the public ground :cheers: Pheasants and sharpies for the week we're out :) Been doing it for 20 yrs. It's more special each year as my buddy comes home from China for our annual hunt these days?..4 yrs down and 2 to go before he's back for good.

I was hunting North of where you guys will be. I did hunt Chicken's and Sharptail's in the Pierre area in Sept, with good success. The Bird numbers are sounding good North and South of Pierre.:thumbsup:

GP, we've got some areas to the north an hour or so that have been good for us in prior years. Sounds like you've seen good numbers around there :thumbsup:

Best of luck on your return trip with your buddies.

Back