Best sub 2k dollar o/u

fadetoblack188

Which over under for 2000 dollars or less would you be buying?? 12 or 20

As you can see from my other post I am looking for a pheasant gun haha that I can skeet with to.

thanks

Lots of options out there. Again would say find what fits you best and then go from there. For me I am a huge fan of Beretta SV10 perennia for hunting. Think they are a great value for what they are. 28” barrels. One recently sold on GB for $1500 and there’s one on there now for $1800. Browning makes nice guns also among many other manufacturers. All of these come in under your 2K price tag.

Browning Citori white satin. I bought one last summer, new for $1,500ish. It’s a 12ga three inch chamber & most are 3-1/2”. Look for stock number 018161304. Tombstone Tactical had the sale. Not sure if that’s still out there. Great price for a Browning.
Just one Idea.

Both Beretta and Browning are tough to beat. Both excellent quality guns that will last a lifetime. Like Matt D said, see what fits you the best. There are less expensive O/U's that are nice guns but not the quality of a Beretta or Browning in my opinion. $2,000 or less should get you a very nice shotgun. Good luck with the hunt.

My next shotgun will be a Cz redhead or drake. Possibly even the side x side the bobwhite. But I can’t complain about my stevens O/U 20 gauge

So I think I am going to go with a 20 gauge montefeltro .

I held the montefeltro and ethos this morning and they felt the same to me. I can’t justify an extra 1000 on the ethos when they weight and feel the same.

I’ll save the over under for next year

What happened to the Over/Under plan? There are advantages and disadvantages with both O/U and SemiAuto shotguns. It will be up to you to figure out what makes most sense for you-and that includes the gauge. Aside from economics, the best advice is different guns for different sports--but make sure they fit you.

I just picked up a Browning Citori 20 gauge CXS shoots wonderful on the Sporting Clay course and in the field.

If you can find one...my Browning Cynergy Field is the best handling O/U I own; and I have quite a few.

My two primary pheasant guns are: "fair weather"-12ga. maple Win 101 O/U at 7lbs 2oz, "foul or fowl" weather-12Ga Browning Maxus S/A at 7lbs 1 oz. At 8lbs 4oz, my 12Ga Citori stays mostly in the safe. My Colorado pheasant hunting is 99.6% walking and .4% shooting so weight is important.

For that price you can get a good new Browning or Beretta, and that's what you ought to do. Both are widely available for you to pick up, look over and shoulder. I'd get a 20 ga, I think a 12 ga is just about totally unnecessary in upland hunting, but it does have the advantage of being more common, and thus easier to get shells for. Not that 20s are rare, just that you pay a little more for them and have a little less selection, especially if you are at a small town Walmart or whatever. Go pick up a 686, a Cynergy and a Citori and see which one you like. Then buy it and don't think anymore about it. You'll have made a smart purchase.

For that price you can get a good new Browning or Beretta, and that's what you ought to do. Both are widely available for you to pick up, look over and shoulder. I'd get a 20 ga, I think a 12 ga is just about totally unnecessary in upland hunting, but it does have the advantage of being more common, and thus easier to get shells for. Not that 20s are rare, just that you pay a little more for them and have a little less selection, especially if you are at a small town Walmart or whatever. Go pick up a 686, a Cynergy and a Citori and see which one you like. Then buy it and don't think anymore about it. You'll have made a smart purchase.
I'm ignorant in thinking the 12 ga is good for upland because I just think those late season birds are so tough and get out so far I'm nervous I won't have the power to knock them down. I have been jonesing for a 20 ga OU for weight though.

Beretta Silver Pigeon 1 in 20ga would be my choice, have had mine for a few years and it's an absolute dream to carry

I'm ignorant in thinking the 12 ga is good for upland because I just think those late season birds are so tough and get out so far I'm nervous I won't have the power to knock them down. I have been jonesing for a 20 ga OU for weight though.
Not at all. There’s no denying that a 12 ga is capable of greater knock-down power than a 16 or 20. My experience is that it rarely would have made a difference for me. I hunt wild, spooky Kansas birds that get probably more pressure per pheasant than anywhere else in the country, but...I have very good retrievers, and I rarely throw Hail Marys.

Back