best boots for being out in snow all day

alan

ok i shovel snow so im outside in it all day when it snows.. i want to know what would be a good pair of boots to get something that will keep my feet warm and dry.. also these boots would be used for hunting also..... want something that will be comfortable to wear all day long they keep my feet warm and dry...how do you buy them? someone told me to buy a bigger boat size then you regular size..the boats i have know just aint cutting it

I'll vote for Sorel's, made in Canada, they know snow.

They make many models- mens, womens, kids. I have a couple different ones- they'll keep yr feet warm and dry.:10sign:

NB

I'll vote for Sorel's, made in Canada, they know snow.

They make many models- mens, womens, kids. I have a couple different ones- they'll keep yr feet warm and dry.:10sign:

NB

+1 can't go wrong with sorel's, been wearing the for years.:)

You guys need to try La Cross if you like Sorel. No comparison, I used to wear those things too all my life in MN.:D

FCS,

I'll look into them, as I'm about ready to retire, this pair of sorel's. What is it you like about the La Cross? Win21's shceen looked like something to look,into as well. :)

Your feet will be warmer, I stayed warm even after I got them wet. The rubber will stay flexible in the cold, and they are more water proof then Sorel. The ice mans are guaranteed comfortable at 80 below at a reasonable price. They make a Ice king for even colder or some more tactical cold boots too. But the Ice Man for a great basic reasonable boot is the way to go. They will have the same life span as Sorel you can expect. Sorel has gotten cheap compared to what they were years ago. The high end boot is very spendy for what you get. They are OK but if you try a pair of Ice Mans for your next good snow boot I think you will be pleased. I also Have used the outdoors mens by LaCross and they are an 80below boot too, they are a knee high type all rubber with a nylon cinch tie at the top for snow. They were heavy but nice. I really liked those in cold deer hunting, trapping or sledding when you may encounter deeper snow, water and are not walking allot. The rubber is more flexible in cold but will dry and crack in time just as a sorel.

FCS,

I'll look into them, as I'm about ready to retire, this pair of sorel's. What is it you like about the La Cross? Win21's shceen looked like something to look,into as well. :)

Never mind FCS,

I just looked at a pair of boots that, I bought last year in Wyoming, b/c I forgot my Sorel's, meaning I did't pack them. I just looked at them and yes, their La Crosse OCH. I have only used them four or five times, duck and goose hunting. They kept my feet warm and dry, and I liked them for the arch support, as well as being light weight. :eek: I forgot I even had them:eek:

Growing up on a dairy farm we had to have waterproof. That meant knee high rubber boots, such as a LaCrosse Alpha Burly. I've never actually had that boot, usually the local farm store equivalent. Works great up to knee high snow, available with different insulations typically.

Never mind FCS,

I just looked at a pair of boots that, I bought last year in Wyoming, b/c I forgot my Sorel's, meaning I did't pack them. I just looked at them and yes, their La Crosse OCH. I have only used them four or five times, duck and goose hunting. They kept my feet warm and dry, and I liked them for the arch support, as well as being light weight. :eek: I forgot I even had them:eek:
+1 I don't wear sorel type boots anymore to heavy and hot, maybe Canada deer hunt.

pick from the ALPHA Burly line, I use the uninsulated for wet or snowy Pheasant hunting, or outside work.
http://www.lacrossefootwear.com/hunt/rubber-boots/

Back