Benelli Ethos or new Browning A5 sweet sixteen

Mojolson

Looking for a Swiss Army knife upland bird semi auto. I currently shoot a Citori 12g but am looking for something lighter because I’m getting old!

I'm about to turn 69 and I understand what you're saying (and feeling...) I am cursed with arthritis and had been using a 16 gauge Model 12 for roosters, as well as the new 12 gauge A5 in camo (mostly as my duck gun) but as these got heavier, I searched for a solution and after deliberation, bought a Browning A5 Sweet 16 in November of 2019. It solved the weight problem. At just shy of 6 lbs., I can carry it through the CRP and cattails all day and still swing successfully on that rooster that flushes at last light. The one I bought has nice wood and I like the recoil pad. The gun does not jam with factory loads or my 1 ounce reloads. I shoot it for skeet and have also used it this fall on ducks, with 1 1/8 oz. Bismuth loads. It came with 3 Invector DS flush choke tubes and I bought an extended Browning skeet choke for it. Buying that gun was one of the best firearms investments I've made.....

I'm about to turn 69 and I understand what you're saying (and feeling...) I am cursed with arthritis and had been using a 16 gauge Model 12 for roosters, as well as the new 12 gauge A5 in camo (mostly as my duck gun) but as these got heavier, I searched for a solution and after deliberation, bought a Browning A5 Sweet 16 in November of 2019. It solved the weight problem. At just shy of 6 lbs., I can carry it through the CRP and cattails all day and still swing successfully on that rooster that flushes at last light. The one I bought has nice wood and I like the recoil pad. The gun does not jam with factory loads or my 1 ounce reloads. I shoot it for skeet and have also used it this fall on ducks, with 1 1/8 oz. Bismuth loads. It came with 3 Invector DS flush choke tubes and I bought an extended Browning skeet choke for it. Buying that gun was one of the best firearms investments I've made.....
thanks, would have pulled the trigger on the sweet sixteen if it wasn’t for ammo availability in my area. I know ammo is available online but that is the issue that gives me pause with the 16

thanks, would have pulled the trigger on the sweet sixteen if it wasn’t for ammo availability in my area. I know ammo is available online but that is the issue that gives me pause with the 16
I wouldn’t let that stop you from buying it. Make One initial large order so you have a buffer then reorder as needed. Having said that right now is not the time given all that’s going on with Ammo availability.

I certainly understand any reticence a buyer may have right now as regards ammo....but, at least in my local area, one can still find components--powder, wads and shot. A 16 gauge MEC 600 JR. reloader only costs about $200 and change, and hulls can be purchased too. Once you start reloading, you can tailor your 16 gauge loads to whatever shotgun sport you're into. The Sweet 16 A5 is really a fine shotgun. For other thoughts on the 16 gauge in general, I'd suggest you log onto this website: www.16ga.com and you might be gratified with what you find there.

I certainly understand any reticence a buyer may have right now as regards ammo....but, at least in my local area, one can still find components--powder, wads and shot. A 16 gauge MEC 600 JR. reloader only costs about $200 and change, and hulls can be purchased too. Once you start reloading, you can tailor your 16 gauge loads to whatever shotgun sport you're into. The Sweet 16 A5 is really a fine shotgun. For other thoughts on the 16 gauge in general, I'd suggest you log onto this website: www.16ga.com and you might be gratified with what you find there.
Great information, just started down the 16ga.com rabbit hole. thanks for your insigh!

Do your homework. Before you buy that mech 600 Junior. Shell manufacturers are using all their primers, there are no surplus. Shotgun primers are like gold!

My gun club has access to all components through a distributor in Ohio (don't ask me who, I don't make the trip with them) and last week the club reps took a $10,000 check to this outlet and bought shot, wads, powder and primers. How long this will last I don't know, but having a MEC to load your own just gives you that much more flexibility. This shortage won't last forever---be ready when it's over.

Back