Back to Pheasant hunting in PA

steelbull85

Well it's been about 10 years, but it's time for me to get back into some PA Pheasant hunting. Due to school and moving out of state I've been unable to do the thing I love most, but I've decided its time that changed. Starting this year I'm going to begin purchasing my out of state license and traveling the hour and a half from Virginia to start hunting with my dad again. Some of the best times we shared growing up were pheasant hunting together and watching our yellow lab work in the field. I have my own yellow lab on her way, and hopefully I can get her out this year, but if not, there will be other times.

I'm probably going to be doing most of my hunting in South Central PA and then also some in Northwest PA. Hopefully I can learn some from you all and also share some of my knowledge and some good hunting stories too. I'll probably come up north to do some scouting several times this summer, so if anyone is in the area I would love to meet some fellow hunters.

Looking forward to October already! :cheers:

Welcome. I see a good number of VA and MD hunters on the gamelands in Adams county where I do a lot of my hunting. The past two years have been very good hunting- we have the posts and pictures to prove it!

Welcome! You picked a great time to get back into pheasant hunting in the great state of PA! Look forward to hearing about your future adventures!

Welcome to the site and welcome back to pheasant hunting in Pa. You have picked a great time to train a bird dog for some upland hunting in Pa. The state is back to releasing over 200,000 birds and working towards a number of around 250,000. There are some wild pheasants,some survey numbers say 18,000 get harvested each year.Most of us believe it's MUCH less than that.Then there are the wild birds in WPRA's which some may be open to hunting soon. Add the grouse and woodcock and your Lab should see plenty of action.
The site itself is a great place to relax and share your stories, everyone here has the same passion, and the moderators keep everything on track.
So get yourself a hot cup of coffee and look through some of the old post and dream of next October.

Back