Anyone chasing grouse?

UplandHntr

Im getting jazzed up as the season draws closer. Im bear hunting the 16th-till I get my bear. I hope to lock that up pretty quick.(read as opening w/e)

We have a place in Vilas County just N of Eagle River. Numbers look good this year.

Anyone else hunt that area?

No, but a goal is to one day chase ruffed grouse.

Good luck on your bear hunt & grouse.

Maynard & Murry

I've hunted around Navarino WMA in Wisconsin a couple of years ago for grouse. I believe they were at the low point when I hunting. Only got 1 bird, but I'll remember it for a long time. I can't wait to get back up there for another grouse hunt. Sure makes pheasant hunting seem easy.
Good luck with the bear and grouse hunt.

I have plans to get out 1st week of Oct. I only hunt them when #'s are high. It is good training for the dogs to run all day. I am a goose hunter before pheasent season starts. I have gesse located in three fields for the week end should be a good time.:cheers:

I will be just north of Minocqua in two weeks. Can't wait. A co worker of mine has a place up there and has pretty good luck up there on public land.

Numbers seem better than last year in West Central Wisconsin. We've been getting 15-20 flushes and killing a decent amount. Still not as good as nothern Wi but half the drive from southern part of the state means more time in the woods.

Back